Updated: Jun 28
If you are familiar with Baby Boomer, Gen X, Y and Z, then it's time to get ready for thinking about the influence the Alpha Generation has on travel. Born after 2010, the year in which Instagram and the iPad debuted, this tech-powered generation is set to become the most formally educated, wealthiest and long-living generation.
In a free report released by the Expedia Group useful information is shared based on research conducted in Australia, Brazil,Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and the US.
A few insights to note:
- Families with Alpha children are taking more than three trips per year
- Domestic travel accounts for 68% of location choices, with an average stay of 6.9 days
- Entertainment is the top motivator, followed by finding a great deal and visiting the outdoors
- Experiences top expense in choosing activities
- Finding activities the entire family enjoys tops the list for decision making
- Hotels are the preferred accommodation
- Theme parks, water activities and outdoor activities are the most popular, museums, guided tours and educational activities the least
- Family travel decisions are influenced by many factors including: Travel site reviews and OTAs (63%), family and friends (46%), search engines (46%), young children (43%), social media (35%), online videos (28%) and online advertising (22%).
Check out the report!